This post contains affiliate links. Which means that if you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no cost to you.
Who doesn’t love a good stroganoff? I know I sure do. I always struggled with having the time to make it though. Every good recipe I found was for the slow cooker, and that just does not work for the weekdays. Until one day, I had planned to make the meal and totally forgot it was a slow cooker recipe. Que me ad-libbing my way through the recipe and finding a way to make it work. So here is my 30 minute beef stroganoff recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Slice the meat into bite sized pieces and add to a large pan on medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 10 minutes. Flip as needed. After the meat is on, get a pot of water on the burner to start boiling for the noodles. Add the noodles once the pot is boiling. They should take about 9 minutes to cook through.
While the meat is cooking, slice the mushrooms. Once the 10 minutes are up, drain any remaining fat and add the mushrooms to the pan. Then cook for about 5 more minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through.
Quarter the cream cheese and add it to the meat and mushrooms. Stir until the cream cheese is well melted and incorporated. Then add the cream of mushroom soup, milk and half a packet of Lipton mix. (see link below for exact item) Do not, I repeat DO NOT use the whole packet. It will be soooo salty if you do that.
Combine well and serve stroganoff over noodles. I like to serve this recipe with steamed cauliflower. The sauce is very tasty with it as well. Enjoy!
Easy beef stroganoff
The perfect weeknight meal. Ready in just 30 minutes, this simple stroganoff is a crowd pleaser. This is also very easy to double for larger families.
- 1 pound beef (I like to use tri-tip)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 packet Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/2 pound egg noodles
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice beef into bite sized pieces and place in large pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook over medium heat.
2. Place water in pot to boil and add noodles once water is boiling- cook noodles about 9 minutes.
3. While beef is cooking, slice mushrooms. Once the 10 minutes are up, drain any fat and add the mushrooms to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or so, until the mushrooms are cooked through.
4. quarter the cream cheese and add it to the mushrooms and beef, stir well until combined and all cream cheese is melted.
5. add cream of mushroom soup, milk and half a beef onion soup packet. Mix until well incorporated.
6. Serve stroganoff over noodles and enjoy.