This post may contain affiliate links. Which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a commission at no cost to you.
As nice as it is to cook pancakes and French toast on the weekends, it is just as nice to make a nice breakfast scramble. As my son enters into the picky eating phase, I’ve learned to become good at sneaking vegetables into his diet. Unless it is green beans, he’s not eating it. So far, he has not even noticed the veggies in this scramble and eats it happily. Mom win yay!
This recipe is very customizable, so have fun with it. I haven’t added meat to this recipe. But there is no reason why you couldn’t add bacon or sausage links to this if you wanted to. To add to that, you can also put MORE veggies into this scramble if your heart desires. Just be careful, the first time I made this recipe I added all kinds of things and we had soooo much. I am pretty sure we ate it for 3 days straight before it was finally gone. Typically, I like to prep everything in advance but you really don’t have to do that with this recipe. Since the potatoes take so much time to cook, it is very easy to prep all the other veggies while they are cooking away in their pan.
Cube 3 medium sized potatoes and add to a large pan over medium-low heat. Add a bit of cooking oil and salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
While the potatoes are cooking, dice the onion and red pepper, slice the mushrooms and measure out the 1 cup of spinach.
After the potatoes are finished with their first 15 minutes, add the onion, red pepper and mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes. This should allow all of the veggies to be cooked perfectly at the same time.
Once the veggies (minus spinach) are all cooked, add the eggs and spinach and mix well. When your eggs begin to set, add the salsa and cheese and mix until well blended and continue to do so until the eggs are completely set and the cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy.
Veggie loaded breakfast scramble
A simple veggie breakfast scramble, easy to modify and mix in your favorite meats and veggies.
- 3 Potatoes, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 /2 onion, diced
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup lightly packed spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cube potatoes and add them to a large pan over medium-low heat. Add a dash of cooking oil and salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
2. While potatoes are cooking, prep the pepper, onion and mushrooms. After the 15 minutes are finished, mix the onion, red pepper and mushrooms into the mix and cook 5 more minutes.
3. Once the veggies are all cooked through, add in the spinach and eggs. Mix well and once the eggs start to set, add in the salsa and cheese.
4. Once the cheese is melted and well incorporated- serve and enjoy.